problems with starting

1 reply to this topic

#1 Jstang88

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 12:30 AM

I just bought this parts car for 300 dollers it is an 88 GT great deal I am taking the motor tranny rear end and drive shaft and some other minor things the kid said it ran like three weeks ago by pop starting it cause the starter does not engage just spinns so I tryed today a bunch of times and it would do it I also tryed wacking the starter and did not work either I also tryed jumping the cylionade and still nothing any one have any ideas friend told me to take starter apart and clean it up inside so any tips would be great thanx oh and I will post some more pics of my car and the new parts car

#2 Gixxer750

2KOOL Team Member aka The 2Kool Eye Candy

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (Jstang88 @ Feb 25 2007, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just bought this parts car for 300 dollers it is an 88 GT great deal I am taking the motor tranny rear end and drive shaft and some other minor things the kid said it ran like three weeks ago by pop starting it cause the starter does not engage just spinns so I tryed today a bunch of times and it would do it I also tryed wacking the starter and did not work either I also tryed jumping the cylionade and still nothing any one have any ideas friend told me to take starter apart and clean it up inside so any tips would be great thanx oh and I will post some more pics of my car and the new parts car

Hey man simple solution, if you have a spare starter, try using that to see if you can get it to go.
1987 GT T-Top

2Kool Moderator ( Proof that a nice set of knockers can get you somewhere in this world)