MY BIKE OVERFLOWS GAS OUT THE CARB?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 10 November 2004 - 03:08 PM

We get the odd call from now and then, from customers that can't seem to find out why, at times, fuel will run out of the bikes through the over-flow tube at the carb. This happens when dirt or small particles of plastic stick the float needle in your carb.

Our first tip is to ...shut of the bike, pick the arse up about 6-8" and drop it. Do this about 3 or 4 times. This usually free's any dirt stuck around the carb needle.

If this doesn't cure it... try this:

While the bike is running, turn off the fuel line cock ( non homo ) . That's the fuel line shut off valve in your gasline, down near the top of the carb. In the virtacle position it's OPEN, in the horizontal position it's CLOSED. Turn that valve horizontal while the bike is running and let the bike run out of gas by itself. This will internally burn out anything that could be sticking the needle float valve in your carb. When the bike dies, turn the fuel cock slightly up.. not all the way verticle.... try to run the bike with the valve open about 1/4, to 3/4 not all the way OPEN ( striaght up- virtacle). Some of the bikes seem to actually run better with the fuel cock closed part way. this should cure the problem of your carb over flooding with fuel

Hope these tips help!

IF NOT - it's time for a new ADA RACING High Performance Carb!!

rock on!

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image: post-56-1100117299.jpg

#2 Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 December 2004 - 01:53 AM

Thats going to come in handy... But how do you clean the carb out? like just flush is with ? is the carb a derect bolt on ? like is there any other parts in the carb?

#3 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 26 December 2004 - 10:27 AM

You can remove the bowl on the bottom and flush or use air. It's usually something so tiny you may miss it. Again, if you can get the bike started, try turning the fuel cock to the OFF (- horizontal position) until the bike runs out of gas, this usually burns off anything inside the carb.

The stock carbs aren't the greatest..... The usually run fine, but leave alot to be desired as far as fine tuning etc. One of the first recommened mods is a performance carb and Air filter kit. Our car kits come with a velocity stack so you then only need an air filter.

#4 Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 12:49 AM

the bowl on the bottom is that like that screw at the bottom of the carb?

#5 Erwan

2KOOL Team Member

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 28 December 2004 - 04:59 AM

the bowl is the bowl....looks like one...the screw is not the bowl but part of it I guess.....you can change that "screw" to a tappered adjustble one...(please correct me if I am wrong as I am not sure about this)

You can take thje bowl off to clean it.................(again, I think)

Good luck

Erwan

#6 ryanjsorate

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:38 PM

thanks! this is a real help, i bought my bike may 16th, and then the gas came outta the over-flow tube the very next day, i never knew what it was til' i saw this. I thought my bike was a goner. haha, thanks again!

#7 ryanjsorate

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 10:38 PM

whoops, ***may 9th***

#8 Erwan

2KOOL Team Member

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 11:16 PM

Glad these how-to's are helpfull!!

Great!!!