SPEEDWERX Online Q&A Thread

9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 29 December 2005 - 03:38 PM

SPEEDWERX. Inc.

Wanted to send out a special thanks to Jeremy Houle from SPEEDWERX. Inc/ Hot Seat Performance, for offering their expert advice to us here on the FROZEN THUNDER Snowmobile forums. You'll notice Jeremy has already posted to help one of our new members with his 05 F7! Please bare with him as they are always very busy testing and creating new products for the industry, but know that once again we've provided another avenue here to help you our valued clients with your mechanical, clutching, and set up questions.

Fire away your questions below!

Again.. thanks Jeremy You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

Remember members... SPREAD THE WORD of your new forums!! cool.gif

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image: post-27-1135888730.gif
  • Attached Image: post-1-1157666458.jpg

#2 crossfire7snopro

crossfire7snowpro

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:03 AM

need more out of my crossfire7 snopro mid to top but dont want to loose the bottom i have now it has 60/60 gearing in it

#3 SPEEDWERX INC.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:26 AM

The first thing I would suggest would be our cluthc kit which includes a primary spring, and set of our weights. Then once the belts are available you need to get the 10.4" secondary conversion kit. Nex tmod I would suggest from there would be our single pipe, timing, key and high flow intake.. Please let me know if you have nay more ?'s

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image: post-1-1161900135.jpg

#4 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:19 PM

Hearing you did well at this years HAYDAYS Jeremy, can you elaborate for our readers on your wins and what's in store as far as new products coming for our clients this fall?

#5 firecat

FROZEN THUNDER 120+mph site Member Regional Site Trail Reporter

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:10 PM

ya 4 sure... and when your pipe / clutch combo for the F 10 is comming
When hell freezes over,, i will ride their too!!!
ALL THROTTLE.....Hmmm AND A LITTLE BOTTLE!!

#6 SPEEDWERX INC.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:44 AM

Haydays was good this weekend, for as long as I can remember it was the first time it wasn't 100 f'n degrees only bad thing about that is no skin on the girls LOL! But racing wise we di pretty good we only have a couple of gus that are running our stuff right now, Ron Gilland runs out of our shop and we do alot of r&d with him. He Won stock 700, 2nd in imp 700, 3rd in imp 800 on his 700, and 2nd in pro 700. We also had our new 1000 imp done but we didn't get the thing on the grass unitil 2 days before the race but we are very close with that and in the next few weeks it will be up front for sure.

We alos did a 440 motor for Matt lemire this year too. He got Won stock 440, 3rd in imp 500, 2nd imp 440, 3rd pro 500, and 2nd in pro 440. All in all it was a good week end we have another 440 that will be on the grass and ice soon too thing are looking good so far.

On our new 07' products we will have any thing and everything as always, For the 1000 we wil have a new y-pipe adds 7-8 hp on the new 1000's no fuel mods required, our single pipe kit adds 16-17 hp but you will need a boondocker with the kit. Air intake mods will help out quite a bit too we will have a coupel of options here we are wroking on a cold air intake and ways to get more air to the beast too. Air intake mods will add at least 4 more hp we can pick up more but a boondocker will be needed for those applications. We will have heads, clutch kits, new belts, porting, and a 1200 kit too. No twins for the f-chassis though. We will know alot more in the next month or so too alot of this stuff is being built as we speak but alot of this stuff needs a run or 2 on the snow too before it is 100 % ready but from what we have seen so far this baby has alot of potential and we are pumped to be working on it. If any one has any ?'s on any of this stuff give us a call @ 651-982-6020 or shoot me an e-mail @ tech@speedwerx.com don't be afraid to ask anything that's what were here for. Orders are being taken as we speak and delivery looks like end of oct on pipe kits and y-pipes should be sooner than that even. We need sno and or ice to finsih up or clutch kits but we will be working on the grass and asphalt too.

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image: post-1-1161898630.jpg

#7 srpigeon

FROZEN THUNDER Northern Site Trail Reporter

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:29 AM

Hey Jeremy,

Got a question about the Speedwerx 2007 F-Chassis High Flow Intake 080402cool_prv.gif . Once you've bolted it on, do you have to do any other mods to your sled for it to run properly? I also understand that it lets more air inside the engine, but isn't this already regulated by the fuel/air mixture of the EFI (or jettings on the carb)? So how do you get more HP devil_angry.gif ?

Thanks,

Steph

#8 SPEEDWERX INC.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:26 PM

On the Dyno with our new 07' f-chassis intake we did not have to add any fuel. In the feild we have found that they will work with out any fuel mods but early testing has shown better results adding some fuel to the machine.

More air + more power engine are just like a large air pump. Our intake allow 100% more air into the stock system.

With all these sleds being new will have alot of new info as the season progresses, there will be updated spec after updated spec as we continue to get more time in the feild.

If anyone else has any more ?'s please let us know.

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image: post-1-1161898591.jpg

#9 firecat

FROZEN THUNDER 120+mph site Member Regional Site Trail Reporter

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:29 PM

just wanted to say that SPEEDWERX intake system is the best system hands down!!! also some f bodys are running very rich,, so get it and see what it will do for your sled,, it may need it, so it can run a little leaner..
When hell freezes over,, i will ride their too!!!
ALL THROTTLE.....Hmmm AND A LITTLE BOTTLE!!

#10 Nightfire

Nightfire

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:11 AM

Just wanted to say that your rocket twin pipes are an amazing upgrade for F7's. I put a set on my 04 carb and followed the Speedwerx recommendations for jetting and clutching and installed your 1.5 degree timing key. It just keeps pulling and pulling even with 25/39 gears. Money well spent!