Best sounding exhaust you've heard?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Admin2

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 05:54 PM

I just ordered a Dr Gas off road X pipe to put with the BBK Long tubes and original series Flows I'm running now. Went with the BBK catted h pipe for emissions test but it's WAY too wimpy, for a rarely if ever driven car.

what have you heard that you like?

#2 MX_521

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2003 - 04:01 PM

I love the sound of the Flowmaster 40 and 50 series mufflers, so awesome, thats what i'm getting on my BIRD.

#3 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 10 November 2003 - 04:45 PM

Yes, although they don't flow as well as alot of the other performance mufflers, it's hard to beat the sound of "orginal" ( if you can still find them) 40 series FLOWMASTERS, especially if they're hooked to an off-road intermediate pipe ( cat-less H or X)

We have the original 40 series on "1FUN TOY" presently.

One of the best sounding set ups we've heard (from being at the National race events) are the Dr Gas off road x pipes and Spintech mufflers. Both links are in our PRODUCTS section where you can go and listen to both online.

Once you've decided on a sound that you prefer, let us know if we can help you out
cool.gif

#4 Mustang: Ride The Horse

2KOOL Team Member

• Admin
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 09 December 2003 - 04:42 PM

A Bassani X pipe into 2 chamber Flowmasters with a E303 cam & a 9-psi Supercharger in front siterock.gif Sweet up to 2000 RPM then the sound disappears cool.gif
Straight lines are for cars.
Corners are for drivers!!!

#5 stangfreak95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 December 2003 - 07:41 PM

Bassani sounds badAss. There's a guy in the Gatineaumustangclub that has a 2002 GT with FRPP shortie headers, Bassani X-pipe and Magnaflow catback. Sounded really good. If I'd do it again, I'd really go for the Magnaflow instead of the Flowmasters. I like the Flows but love Magnaflow. This 2002 GT is now RIP. He had a big accident this summer the day that he was switching his insurances. HE WASNT INSURED. :unsure: Here'a pic of the car

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image: post-3-1072140070.jpg

#6 a_lytle_crazy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 07:18 PM

nice mustang. howd the accident happen?

as for the original question flowmaster 40 series sound awesome. wow1.gif

#7 Shane's93LX

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 11:33 PM

I was just told about Dr. Gas products today.. I wonder if their x pipe sounds similar to a Prochamber?

#8 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:22 AM

Dr Gas is the originator of the 'true' NASCAR crossover X pipe. You can find a direct link to Dr Gas in our Product Availability section of the forums ( top of Board ). If you need a quote on any of their products, drop us a line.

:nice: