Wow, time to wake this forum up!

15 replies to this topic

#1 06MXZXRenegade800

HP Rules

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:35 PM

Must not be too many chevy guys around here...

Oh well, ill try and keep it somewhat alive i guess. Ill keep you guys updated on my camaro and my buddys 86 shortbox and the soon-to-be Yenko build!
Wrote off the 06 Gade X Mod. In the process of building another mod sled.

#2 06MXZXRenegade800

HP Rules

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:36 AM

See, its so dead that even Spenc doesnt want to came around this neck of the woods!

rollinglaugh.gif

#3 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 15 December 2006 - 10:11 PM

Dude.... it's 10pm and this is the first time I've had a chance to scratch my butt all day

It's NUTS here!!!! phones are on FIRE!

#4 06MXZXRenegade800

HP Rules

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 01:57 AM

Haha, i knew you would see this eventually rollinglaugh.gif

Heres the turd...

Old ugly motor...

Ohhhhh, look at that... A glimpse of whats to come!

Out with the old and in with the new! (sorry, cameraphone pic)

And we were off to see the wizzard... Leaving behind a couple hundred feet of rubber from both tires through an open 3.43 diff!

Now its time to get some more power out of the bugger! 400hp isnt enough, i think im going to switch it over to a stealthram induction and run twin turbos. Either that or a blower...

Merry Christmas!

#5 06MXZXRenegade800

HP Rules

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:00 PM

hmmmmm, not too many chevy fans around here i see.... LOL

oh well, probably wont see much action in this thread. All my money is being sunk into rebuilding my sled, but if im lucky i might be able to pick up a relatively cheap (and brand new) 144 blower from a buddy. Not really the direction i wanted to go with the car (too wimpy for me =P) but i wont complain if its cheap!

#6 Scotty

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:26 PM

Hey man, nice camaro. You’re on thirdgen.com right? I think you wanted to buy my 85 Iroc but you lived to far away I’m sure its you I remember seeing your car on that site, well now there’s two camaro guys here bowdown.gif
Ride - 1999 Grand Am 3.4 Ram Air.
Project - 1990 Toyota Pickup Truck 3.0 8000lb Warn Winch 31" BFG All Terrains.
Past Ride - 1994 Z28 Camaro 5.7 LT1 Borla Exhaust.

#7 06MXZXRenegade800

HP Rules

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:22 PM

thirdgen.org lol

Yea thats me, was looking to get another one last year. I did end up getting one but had to sell it when i moved a few months later boohoo.gif

Oh well, when the poor ol bank account recovers from my lil sled mishap i will be pouring some money into the car..

#8 06MXZXRenegade800

HP Rules

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:15 PM

well now that the whole sled situation is sorted out and hopefully done for the year its time to start looking at what im going to do with the car...

Shortly after i parked it in the fall my buddy was in need of a carb and valvecovers for his truck. well since my car was done for 6months i sold him some goodies off my car and its about time to do something about it!

I would really like to slap an EFI setup on there and turbo or centrifugal supercharge it but i dont think its even on the radar scale for the budget... Especially since a head swap would also be required...

My other plan was a small blower on there but once again i need heads wacko.gif

I think for now im just stuck with throwing a new carb on there and buying a whole new setup down the road. but thats no fun! (actually it is quite fun to rip around, just not quite scary enough!)

I also have a buddy that wants this motor for his firebird but i dont know if that will go through. If it does, then i will need another ground up engine build for this thing!

What do you guys figure? Name the setup, im sure spenc can get it! beer_cheers.gif

#9 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:19 AM

yes, product isn't an issue, if it's made we can provide it

#10 06MXZXRenegade800

HP Rules

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:15 PM

What about a 1st gen camaro, already all complete with a blown 572, all i have to do is put gas in it and go? Whats the availability on something like that? LOL rollinglaugh.gif

#11 Scotty

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:06 PM

If it was my car, I would prolly go with a 350 TPI setup, better on gas than a 572 in less you just want it for a drag car, which would be cool too sign_beer.gif
Ride - 1999 Grand Am 3.4 Ram Air.
Project - 1990 Toyota Pickup Truck 3.0 8000lb Warn Winch 31" BFG All Terrains.
Past Ride - 1994 Z28 Camaro 5.7 LT1 Borla Exhaust.

#12 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (06MXZXRenegade800 @ Mar 16 2007, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about a 1st gen camaro, already all complete with a blown 572, all i have to do is put gas in it and go? Whats the availability on something like that? LOL rollinglaugh.gif

depends on where it's parked popc1.gif

#13 06MXZXRenegade800

HP Rules

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:15 PM

Only problem is the TPI is a MAJOR holdback for performance. Great for low end torque, gobs of it and decent fuel economy but by 4000rpm its all downhill from there, it just cant flow enough stock or with aftermarket parts to make power up high were i need it.

I wanted to throw a holley stealth ram on the thing since they are quite a bit better over a TPI setup, but i dont think its close to being in the budget.

The car isnt a drag car (no strip around here) just a street rig, its not going to be my daily driver anymore, just a weekend 'terrorise the town' thing buttrock.gif

#14 06MXZXRenegade800

HP Rules

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 11:06 PM

I WISH! LOL

Maybe in a few years...

#15 adrenalator8

ADVANCED DYNO

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:38 PM

Nice camerod.

I was allways into the 2nd gen and 1st gen camaros,mainlly because I'm a big block guy,

I have a buddie with a 454 in a 86 trans am, to bad he doesen't drive it any more , it just sites in his garage collecting dust.

If it's hp you want from a small block, let me know what kind of ponys your thinking about and what kinda change you want to spend, and I can give you a few Ideas.

I've got a 409 small block going on the dyno this month that should be in the 450hp range.

Cliff
Advanced Dyno
(613) 925-5483

#16 06MXZXRenegade800

HP Rules

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:21 PM

Thought about doing the BBC swap for a winter project, but its going to cost some big big bucks by the time its done the way i would like it.

I think this will be the last summer for the 357 though. Definately want to try and tear it apart in the fall for next winters project, maybe build up a stroker using a roller block or do the same as you and build up an old 400 if i can find a block!

But first things first, i gotta go buy some SFCs and a new rear and tranny so i hopefully dont twist the car in half or lay the tranny or the poor lil 10bolt rear on the pavement if i can ever get this thing to hook!