Turbo REV! Finally getting some time on it :)

1 reply to this topic

#1 06MXZXRenegade800

HP Rules

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:24 PM

Well its about time i get to ride the sled! Ive been itching for the last 2 months to ride it and i almost killed myself when i was driving home from work and passed through revelstoke, god i wish i had the sled with me!

So far so good on the machine, burnt a couple tanks of fuel through it this weekend. Still playing with it, trying to chase down a bog issue. but overall its a kickazz machine to ride!

Didnt get much at all for pics... Just a couple of us sitting around and one of me making a sad attempt at this little rabbit hill. Stopped at the bottom, looked like a huge snowdrift at the top (straight up for the last couple feet) but turned out to be not as deep as suspected, spun it out and managed to whip the front over and plant it sideways on the hill rollinglaugh.gif

Had to knock the boost down to 5psi, getting some deto at 10psi on 100ll/c14 mix. seems alright @ 5psi running straight 100ll. Need to get some lower comp domes for this head!

The thing still has awesome power though, we found a bit of powder on some of the lakes and it has no problem standing straight up in the powder till ya let off. Cant imagine what itll do @ 10+psi cool.gif
Wrote off the 06 Gade X Mod. In the process of building another mod sled.

#2 06MXZXRenegade800

HP Rules

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:39 PM

Well i think the time has come to say goodbye to the turbo'd 800 and try something else for next year. As much fun as the thing is i just want to try something new and exciting (again!)

If anyone wants a complete drop-in turbo'd 800 mines up for grabs. $6k for the whole package (engine/carbs/mpem/turbo/ect) just drop it in and go.

I have always been a fan of tripples and thats what im going to do next. A doo 780/809 based tripple in the 1000cc range. Should be interesting!
Wrote off the 06 Gade X Mod. In the process of building another mod sled.