• Guests

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:02 AM

Attached Image: post-1-1173794466.jpg
AUGUSTA MOTORSPORTS PARK

WHEELS-'A'-CHURNIN
Mud & Thunder Competition June 2-3 2007

Attached Image: post-1-1173794404.gif

sponsored by

2KOOL PERFORMANCE - TUFF TRUCK DEPOT http://2koolperformance.ca/tuff_truck/index.htm
ADVANCED DYNO - Powersports Dyno Services ( 613 ) 925-5483
The BEAR 106.9 fm - http://www.thebear.fm/
ROUGH COUNTRY - http://www.roughcountry.com/
DIABLOSPORT - http://www.diablosport.com/

Full 2 Day event June 2nd & 3rd 2007
Augusta Motorsport Park
(North Augusta, Ontario)
Rain or Shine

Two Days of Racing Featuring:
Tractor Pulls
Truck Pulls
ATV Pulls
4X4 Mud Drags
4X4 Mud Bogs
ATV Mud Drags
Off Road
Wheel to Wheel
Tough Truck Competition
Monster Truck Rides

NEW - LIVE ENTERTAINMENT

June 2 - Tractor Pulls, 4X4 Mud Drags, 4X4 Mud Bogs, ATV Mud Drags, 4X4 Obstacle Course, Wheel to Wheel and Tough Truck Competition.

June 3 - ATV & 4X4 Truck Pulls, 4X4 Mud Drags, 4X4 Mud Bogs, ATV Mud Drags, Off Road, 4X4 Obstacle Course, Wheel to Wheel and Tough Truck Competition.

For Track Info Contact: Onne at (613) 926 - 2628
Gates Open at 7:00am - Registration 9:00am - ATV Mud Drags start att 11:00am and all others begin at 12 noon sharp.

General Admission - $15.00 per day
Camping - $10.00 for weekend
Kids 12 and under Free!
Canteen onsite
Door Prizes
Proceeds going to charity.

Tractor Pulls: - classes by weight pull; stock & modified.

For pulling info contact: Onne VanHoek (613) 926 - 2628

Wheel to Wheel & Tough Trucks:
For info contact: Ed Sanderson (613) 922 - 9581

Truck Pulls:
For info contact: Dwayne Newans (613) 926 - 2500

ATV Mud Drags: classes by cc's
For info contact: Gary Spero (613) 925 - 3374

ATV Pulls: For info contact: Don Bertrim (613) 374 - 2724

4X4 Mud Drags: - 8 classes: Stock-Modified-Trucks & Skimmers
For info contact: Gary Spero (613) 925 - 3374 or Don Bertrim (613) 374 - 2724

Attached Image: post-1-1173794513.jpg

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image: post-1-1174494227.jpg
  • Attached Image: post-1-1174935615.jpg
  • Attached Image: post-1-1175618967.gif

#2 adrenalator8

ADVANCED DYNO

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:03 PM

This should be a fun year, many new trucks and rails will be here this year as well as the Advanced Dyno and 2Koolperformance tuff truck comp buggie.

Stay tuned over the next few months as we start building this project from a bunch of used part from past projects as well as some super trick fabricated parts to help use kick some ass and some mud in the face of the compatition.

For just a taste of whats going into this project we will start with.

450hp 500FPT Big block chevy" to be dynoed and tuned for action at Advanced dyno.
Dana 60 front axle and a locked corp 14 rear with 4:10 gears
38.5" super swamper boggers.
Four link front and rear suspension's
All tube chassie.

Cliff
Advanced Dyno
(613) 925-5483

#3 CANADIAN SRX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:35 PM

Are you guys still running this event I heard that somebody in the neighbourhood was trying to shut down this event.Hopefully it's going to be on !

#4 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 17 May 2007 - 10:41 PM

We're not running it.. we just provide some prizes. Will pop out to check out some events, most likely on the Saturday.

#5 CANADIAN SRX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:47 AM

They want to run the event but here's whats going on:

Neighbour to appeal twp.decision on mud drags

By MICHAEL JIGGINS

Staff Writer

NORTH AUGUSTA -- "Ten out of 10."

Paul Kerr said those are the odds he'll appeal to the Ontario Municipal Board (OMB) Augusta Township council's decision to grant a temporary rezoning to Augusta Motorsports Park owner Onne Van Hoek.

"(Van Hoek) has been running this illegally for 12 years. ... I didn't want it legal, I wanted it shut down," said Kerr of the bylaw.

The measure was approved by council at a hastily called meeting last Wednesday and, if unopposed, would bring Van Hoek's semi-annual Wheels A Churnin mud drags into compliance with municipal zoning policies until a permanent rezoning is completed.

Kerr has until June 1 to file his appeal, which would put the bylaw in limbo and make the June 2-3 event illegal. He said he's already met with his lawyer and plans to sit down with his planner today to review the temporary bylaw.

Monday night, Van Hoek said in an interview the event's going ahead whether or not it's in compliance with zoning policies.

An OMB appeal will cost Kerr just $125 to file the paperwork, but likely more than $5,000 if a full hearing is ordered.

However, Kerr told The Recorder and Times on Tuesday it's a small price to pay in what he insisted isn't a personal vendetta against Van Hoek, but a battle over the right to enjoy his property.

"Listen, I've lived in this home for 16 years. When I bought this home it was a shack ... I've put a lot of work and energy into getting this house to where I want it and I'm not going to be forced out and devalued for some guy's fun," said Kerr.

He lives about 700 metres from the motorsports park.

Kerr was adamant that if Van Hoek proceeds in the face of an appeal, the township should charge him.

At a council meeting Monday, Reeve Mel Campbell wouldn't speculate on what action the municipality might take, pointing out that's a matter for Augusta's planner and solicitor.

An avid four-wheel enthusiast, Kerr conceded he actually helped Van Hoek organize Wheels A Churnin for its first eight years.

His involvement ended, he maintained, when the mud drags outgrew the location with some 500 vehicles and 1,200 people flooding the area on the two weekends.

Since that time he's been pressing the municipality to enforce its zoning bylaw and outlaw the event.

"It just got too big and too loud and too noisy and too dirty," explained Kerr, who claimed the activity starts as early as 7 a.m. Sundays and runs late into the evening Saturday with bands.

He said his driveway is often littered with piles of mud knocked from trucks, pieces of vehicles themselves, beer bottles and other litter.

Although he's been portrayed by Van Hoek's supporters as a lone voice of opposition, Kerr said he has others on his side.

As for a petition signed by more than 600 people supporting the event - which Van Hoek said has raised thousands of dollars for a variety of charitable causes - Kerr is unmoved.

"Let him have 600 people. Is it in their backyard?" he asked.

Reeve Campbell urged Kerr to withhold his appeal to let next month's mud drags proceed and sit down with the municipality to negotiate a permanent site plan.

Kerr said that's simply not an option.

"This isn't the right place for it. We'll have to wait and see what the OMB has to say about it," said Kerr.

Published in Section A, page 3 in the Wednesday, May 16, 2007 edition of the Brockville Recorder & Times.
Posted 4:30:47 PM Wednesday, May 16, 2007.

#6 adrenalator8

ADVANCED DYNO

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 03:18 PM

Kerr Is a wine ass dick head, the guy used to go to the events all the time and at one time worked for Onnie.

I can tell you one thing this guy isen't liked by the US customes department, I heard that when he was working for Onnie they had a truck to pick up in the states, and when they got to the boarder they did a check on them, the boarder gaurd said to Onnie "why are you bringing this POS in to my country "

Something else this brain dead Kerr isen't thinking about is whats going to happen to his house and property when all these local people can't go to this event because this guys a jerk.

I really wouldn't want to be him, he thinks it's bad now, if it's cancelled he will have to move to another township.

I've seen it before, thats one thing the people of this township don't go for...Shit disturbers.

Ok I feel better now that I've vented, now who's going on saturday.

I'll be there to race the Advanced dyno/2 kool Sportsman 700

Cliff
Advanced Dyno
(613) 925-5483

#7 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 24 May 2007 - 10:39 PM

what time's the mud-pout fry and Naked Mud Wreslting? L!

and did anyone else witness that BIG FOOT siting at least years event?

almost forgot.... isn't there a million dollar treasure box buried there somewhere on the grounds?

#8 CANADIAN SRX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 11:46 AM

I'm working that week end but going to try and leave early to catch some of the mud runs.

#9 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 01 June 2007 - 08:10 AM

Looking forward to seeing some of you tomorrow at this event... We'll pull TOYHAULR up to the announcing booth and will be giving away prizes throughout the day so stop by and say "YO SPENC - Wake up !!!" cause I'm get'n tanked tonight!!!!

rock out and happy Mud'n tomorrow!

#10 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:59 PM

Had a chance to get out to this event on Saturday and had a great time. Was good seeing a bunch of our clients and friends and watching some of them competing at this event. The turnout was excellent!

Here's a few pics we shot from the back of TOYHAULR. We had to bail ( litterally ) early with the Monsoon Storm that came in so any prizes that didn't get handed out this date will be forwarded on to the next event that we attend this year ( including the ROUGH COUNTRY shocks and steering stabilizer ).

Attached Image: post-1-1180919831.jpg
Attached Image: post-1-1180919856.jpg
Attached Image: post-1-1180919868.jpg
Attached Image: post-1-1180919879.jpg
Attached Image: post-1-1180919894.jpg
Attached Image: post-1-1180919912.jpg
Attached Image: post-1-1180919928.jpg
Attached Image: post-1-1180919939.jpg
Attached Image: post-1-1180919954.jpg
Attached Image: post-1-1180919974.jpg

As you can see there's a TON-o-FUN going on out at the AUGUSTA MOTORSPORTS PARK when these events are taking place. Make sure to get out for the next event! - Keep an eye on the site here for details

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image: post-1-1180920252.jpg
  • Attached Image: post-1-1180920480.jpg