BMP Monster 40+HP Combo for M/Xfire 1000

10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:36 PM

For those keep'n up with the HYPE of this recent HP phenomenon, when this combination of BMP products becomes available after further testing we'll provide FREE Shipping to ONTARIO/QUEBEC/MANNITOBA for clients who pre-order this full combo.

read on.....

The Sled CAT M1000/XFire 1000

The Combo -

NEW BMP y-pipe, NEW M/Xfire1000 Fat-Azz single, V-force reeds, billet head, timing key, 4 - 82gram weights running at 7400rpm

DynoTech's comments on the tested combo

DynoTechJim

In 20 years of independent dyno testing of things for racers/ trail riders/ aftermarket companies this is the most unusual situation I've encountered.

Since 1987 all of the eastern sled aftermarket companies who eventually became most successful came to DynoTechResearch (then called C&H Dyno) to test and tune before the created their own dyno facilities. Bender, Crankshop, D&D, Dynoport, Hooper, HTG and a dozen smaller shops were early customers, coming here with truckloads of things to try before they sold or raced them. All those guys were savvy sled engine people even BDT (before dyno tech) and they just used my good equipment to hone their skills and create better, more powerful things. I was fortunate to be the owner/operator of this testing facility that I designed, and I surely learned more from them than they did from me. This then-revolutionary dyno equipment was good for all of us--making the users of my dyno successful and helping me pay back the $100k I borrowed to build this testing facility.

All of the aforementioned people will tell you I never fudged numbers. Every HP ever made here was earned.

Today all major aftermarket sled performance companies must have their own instrumented dynamometers, but many continue to come here with good things to test, to verify the HP they know that they have to offer, but that many snakebit sled consumers may be leery of. The reason is I am totally independent, I don't care who makes what HP and most consumers and aftermarket companies understand that. All will surely vouch for my independence regardless of friendships developed over 20 years.

Erich from Bikeman Performance has been coming here often for a few years to show his HP on various things he's been selling. He's a hard working smart guy who surely has had his growing pains like everyone else has.

But this last deal, making turbo HP on the otherwise stock cat M1000 with essentially a Y pipe and a single pipe has me and everyone else perplexed, stranger than anything I've seen in 20 years. All details from my perspective are on my free blog on dynotechresearch.com.

What gives? People on this and other sites are calling BS, understandably. There are four possibilities:
1) My dyno had a nervous breakdown after 20 years of torture causing HP to be happy for this sled, correct for four more, then happy again for the Crossfire brought later.
2) Erich paid me some whore money to twist the dyno torque knob to make him the hero for a few months until these pipes hit the snow, and alienate my other Cat modifier pals forever.
3) Erich hid nitrous oxide bottles on both sleds tested here to fool me.
4) Erich's pipe with unique small reflective cone in the stinger inlet (like he uses on his excellent stock pipe mods) creates some multiple supercharging of the exhaust port, maybe two hits instead of one causing BMEP to be at race engine levels (I'm waiting for Kevin Cameron to digest this--watch the DTR blog for KC updates).

But now I have another confirmation of my big dyno HP from Jeff at Dakota Performance. Erich sent him a Ypipe and single pipe for his M1000 stocker, and his results have been like my dyno results. Jeff called me today--his track dyno shows 32 HP more than with Speedwerx Y and single, and he's using the clutches off his turbo M1000 to keep revs under control. More details on my DTR free blog.

It's only October, and more testing will be happening here and elsewhere. Next Wednesday 10/17 Rob Schooping from HTG is coming to test the same BMP pipe/ Ypipe configured for F chassis, on an HTG F1000 lakeracer. This should be live on my webcams.

Ive posted this same diatribe on DooTalk where a separate BS thread persists. Not meaning to promote BMP directly, just explaining whats happened here and elsewhere regarding this bizarre and yet-to-be-explained phenomenon.

Even with all of this, I still love my job.

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image: post-1-1192242982.jpg
  • Attached Image: post-1-1192243340.gif

#2 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:11 AM

Pipes are on order, just at coaters according to BMP, will need high or low elevation for the head at time of ordering combo above.

taking orders now

#3 Zrtcatman

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:01 PM

Spence

Jeff at Dakota Performance has a pipe and confirms its the real deal.Guess I,m driving a Crossfire again this winter!

Jim

#4 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 16 October 2007 - 07:20 PM

would not be providing this info if I thought those who have dyno'd were discredible, the most respected guys in the industry are all speaking well of this combination.

Will get these kits together as quickly as possible for clients, all parts are readily available, just waiting on the pipes. Need to speak to Jeff at DAKOTA to see which exact weights they were using (ie- CAT, Dalton or Cutler ) should make for an interesting winter!

#5 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:55 AM

Weights are unsettled at this time, just spoke with Jeff at DAKOTA Perf. Will depend on the year/clutch running. Looks like 7400 is the sweet spot. Until clutched it's going to be trial and error as far as components needed

#6 speedykirb

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 06:50 PM

ask jeff what his test sled was and how it was set-up. they have not re-invented sliced bread here

#7 speedykirb

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:16 PM

told ya . bs don't sell anymore not saying it's a bad combo .only the same as everybody else . 210hp single ,y-pipe , ported . case dismissed

#8 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 01 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

Why not post the same comment on HARDCORE ?

Go on man.. Jump into the fire, be a 'player' "you can do it" ( L! )

I think the Bakery is still open until two manufacturers line up side by side on snow/ice? Dakota Performance dyno'd the same initial 'higher' HP #'s

for now - NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!

PS: dead1dave's post was "EXCELLENT"

#9 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:12 PM

[size=1] For those that were following this HP creating super nova of a new FAT AZZ single from BMP ( see - http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/inde...=263063&hl= )

Here she be in all her 'in stock and on special pricing $395 CAD' photogenic glory .
( FREE Shipping in Ontario )

Has anyone heard from Jeff at DAKOTA Perf about any further #'s?

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image: post-1-1195089128.jpg

#10 adrenalator8

ADVANCED DYNO

• Members
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:18 AM

We need to get firecat here and get that sled of his on my pump and test all these f-1000 goodies and find out once and for all if these things are the real deal.
Advanced Dyno
(613) 925-5483

#11 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:36 AM

it's for the M1000/Xfire 1000 Cliff