And so it begins

6 replies to this topic

#1 Gixxer750

2KOOL Team Member aka The 2Kool Eye Candy

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 07:40 PM

Engine is out, exhaust is off, degreasing process and welding process has now begun. New rack will go in once all is finished under there. New block is sitting on the stand waiting for the new cam to go in, all my stuff I ordered from spenc is waiting to go on (line loc rad shield CAI and more comming :P). New Stereo is waiting to go in. Once my hood arrives car will be going in for paint. Sub Frames are sitting here waiting to be welded in.

I really don't think I am going to have everything done by april first so I am shooting for middle of April, first of May.

Pics will be posted of the wire hiding and engine bay smoothing.

I love this time of year, warm enough to work in the garage, but always some snow left to chill the beer in while working :P
1987 GT T-Top

2Kool Moderator ( Proof that a nice set of knockers can get you somewhere in this world)

#2 5literttop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 10:59 AM

Awesome man! What block are you using?

And as always, if you need some help, just give me a shout! sledder.gif

#3 5literttop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 12:48 PM

How are you making out? Speed holes almost filled?

#4 Gixxer750

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:09 PM

Oh hell man that will take some time

Got to get it all down to bare metal first. And right now I am sick as hell with the cold/flu thing that has been going around.

Pic>>>

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image: post-58-1111950572.jpg

1987 GT T-Top

2Kool Moderator ( Proof that a nice set of knockers can get you somewhere in this world)

#5 5literttop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 March 2005 - 02:13 PM

Yea, I had that cold/flu thing. I missed a whole week of work. Had it Sat night, Got some pills thursday and had an alurgic reaction to them on friday... fun stuff!

Hope you get better soon man.

#6 5literttop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:08 AM

Are you feeling anybetter? Are you at work or at home working on your car?

#7 Gixxer750

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 11:50 AM

Update

Since I have been sick I have not accomplished too much on the car. Parts are still waiting to go in for powder coating. Engine bay is degreased and ready to be welded and smoothed. Cam is waiting to go in the new block, have to swap my Cobra Intakes over along with my injectors etc. Wiring hiding under the hood should be fairly easy.

Car will be going for new paint once I order my new hood. Few other little things to order from Spenc still, new door handle kit, new t-roof seals, and a little special something for under the hood (only Spenc and I will know about :P) Have to pick up 4 new Autometer gauges etc.