Winter is almost over.

16 replies to this topic

#1 Gixxer750

2KOOL Team Member aka The 2Kool Eye Candy

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 11:59 AM

Ok guys the long cold winter is almost gone. So what has everyone accomplished so far over the past few months on the stangs??

Myself I am pretty slack. I still have to get my engin eout and my new one in. While it is out, I plan on putting in my new Rack and Pinion, filling in all of the holes that ford seemed to love putting in the strut towers so much. Also new Exhuast set up this time a set of LT's and an X pipe and some Spintech Prostreets. From there I am still debating on a bottle of juice. Possible I may get some parts under the hood powder coated as well. Lots to do not much time. i better get at it this weekend :o

#2 Guest_Spenc_*

• Guests

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:40 PM

zero.. nadda... pulling hood off to start project shortly

#3 wolfpac

wolfpac

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 11:42 AM

or is it ..www.http://photobucket.com/albums/v662/rfiesel/?action=view&current=000_0013.jpg

#4 Gixxer750

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (wolfpac @ Mar 7 2005, 12:42 PM)
or is it ..www.http://photobucket.com/albums/v662/rfiesel/?action=view&current=000_0013.jpg

I'm gonna say no that is not it B) ..

Page not found error
1987 GT T-Top

2Kool Moderator ( Proof that a nice set of knockers can get you somewhere in this world)

#5 5literttop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:12 AM

Well, I have been having computer problems and have not been here for awhile... I still am cleaning the engine bay out in my car. should go back in next weekend...

#6 Gixxer750

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (5literttop @ Mar 9 2005, 12:12 PM)
Well, I have been having computer problems and have not been here for awhile... I still am cleaning the engine bay out in my car. should go back in next weekend...

u get all the turbo plumbed up??

engine comes out of mine this weekend, and time to break out the mig to fill in all those ugly holes. I can't wait.

#7 5literttop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 09:39 AM

Can I borrow your mig?

#8 5literttop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 09:43 AM

And to answer your question, no. I am still trying to clean the bastard of an engine bay... Lots of grease and dirt and rust!

#9 Gixxer750

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:33 AM

Easy Off Oven Cleaner. Works wonders. And it's cheap.

I only have a 2 day access to the mig. I will see about getting another one for a longer time when you need it, if I can.

#10 5literttop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:51 AM

Cool Man! Did you need any help with your engine? Do you have it at your dads?

#11 Gixxer750

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:39 PM

Yeah I kept it at my dad's place this year. No storage fee that way.

As for the help sure if you feel like getting dirty you are more than welcome. I enjoyed listening to the profanity that came out of you mouth when we pulled you engine out :P

#12 5literttop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 07:37 AM

Hey, it wasn't that bad... I kept fairly calm while you were there! sledder.gif

#13 stangfreak95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 March 2005 - 08:43 PM

Stang is still for sale....Although I do have a few parts I could install: 255lph fuel pump, driveshaft loop, 31spline rearend. I'm doing the Fox conversion throttle body (deleting the restrictive elbow on the 94-95). I now have a new Holley 75mm Tb. I also ported the opening of my upper Edelbrock Performer intake to 75mm instead of 70mm to maximize flow. I'm ready to swap throttle and cruise control cables to complete the project.

#14 Gixxer750

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 12 March 2005 - 03:48 PM

Well started getting things together last night to pull my engine and get my bay all cleaned up, put my new rack in etc. Have dropped over $1500 in the last 3 days on the satng. Between stereo upgrades, and some stuff for under the hood. All in all things are going smooth. Starting on my custom fibreglass box soon. Maybe even tonight. I have the idea in my head and don;t want to lose it. :P :P

#15 Gixxer750

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 13 March 2005 - 10:22 AM

**Update**

Engine is ready to come out. Will have that out by mid week once my buddy stops by with his cherry picker. Custom fibre glass sub box is comming along very nice. Intakes will be going in to be polished later this week. Stuff should arrive from Spenc with in the next week if all goes well. New rack and pinion and lines are waiting to go in once the engine comes out. Mig welder will be here next weekend to fill in all of Fords "speed" holes under the hood. Overall things have gone very smooth so far so I am waiting for that big F*$K up to happen like my luck always seems to bring :P

Oh yeah Stangfreak. Once you tune the car, hit the jucie and hit a high 11 you are not going to want to sell that car man. You have put a lot of hard work into it, and it shows.

#16 stangfreak95

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 March 2005 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (Gixxer750 @ Mar 13 2005, 10:22 AM)
Oh yeah Stangfreak. Once you tune the car, hit the jucie and hit a high 11 you are not going to want to sell that car man. You have put a lot of hard work into it, and it shows.

I'm very anxious to know how everything will work out. The car will be for sale in the trader shortly. I kinda hope that I dont sell it right away. I wanna drive it more in and off the track. I dont feel like changing my axles either. Whats the worst that could happen ? I have no clue if a broken axle brakes something in the rearend when it pops....But I'd like to see how a 5500rpm launch on slicks and stock axles will result sign_beer.gif There's a ton of stock axles on Ebay for cheap so I'm not too worried.

I installed the ported upper intake today. I did cut a bigger hole in the fenderwell to fit that huge ProM 80mm. Now I'll have a true CAI. Also rewired the tps with the fox conversion. I'm just waiting for the snow to melt so I can swap my cables.

#17 Gixxer750

• Members
  • 654 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 07:16 AM

Well so far I have been sitting on a pile of parts to put in my car this year. The list goes something like this: Will post pics later

New Kenwood MP3 Headunit
New 12" Sub
New Amp
New 6x9's
Custom FiberGlass Box

Lakewood drive shaft safety loop
Sub Frame Connectors
Line Lock/New Stainless Front lines
BBK CAI
e-303 cam
2Kool Rad Shield
Autometer dual pillar pod
New Rack and Pinion
New Yellow Top Battery

---------------------------------------------
Still to come:

New Cobra R SVO Hood
2 Gauges for my Pillar Pod (Autometer)
3.73 Gears
Giggle Juice
New Wether Stripping for my T-Roof

-------------------------------------------------

So far this has been a good spring for getting parts :P Spenc you will be seeing more of my paycheck then I do :o